WhatsApp has been testing for months the ability for users to connect their accounts to secondary devices and continue sending and receiving messages even when the primary smartphone is not online. This feature was officially introduced to all WhatsApp users with the latest WhatsApp updates for Android and iOS versions.
Key Points :
- WhatsApp users will be able to connect their devices without having to keep their smartphone online at all times.
- The ability to pair devices without always pairing the headset is in beta.
- WhatsApp has not yet allowed you to use this feature on your tablet.
- Feature is still in the beta stage.
Previously, you had to make sure your master smartphone was connected to the internet before you could talk in a connected web browser. If you want to enable this feature on your smartphone, you must select a feature that is still marked in “Beta”. Once enabled, you will be disconnected from all devices before being paired again with the new device. Pairing works much the same, except that you can chat regardless of whether your main smartphone is online.
In addition, messages and calls remain end-to-end encrypted. The paired device can now send and receive messages up to 14 days after the primary smartphone is disconnected. This happens if you have temporarily lost your smartphone and need to stay in touch with others via WhatsApp, or if your smartphone’s battery is low but near a connected computer. Useful.
How to activate WhatsApp on other devices without an online phone
- Simply open the WhatsApp app and tap the three dot icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap Paired Devices and select Pair Devices. The application requests to scan the QR code from web.whatsapp.com.
- If you think the feature is still in beta, you may need to select Join Multi-Device Beta.
- Then scan the QR code of the WhatsApp application and you’re done.
The iOS version of the application does not allow you to remove a message or conversation thread from a paired device. You also cannot connect a secondary smartphone or tablet to the primary device. Just connect your main smartphone to your laptop. WhatsApp expects to push all the remaining pending features and their stable status in the coming days.